Monday, August 17, 2009

Mommy Mondays

Something I'm thinking of starting- Mommy Mondays. A post about something pertaining either to me being a mommy, something about my mommy, an exceptional mommy in my life... you get the picture.

Today? My mommy.


A picture of my mommy and me when I was little... and yes, I had a bit of a mullet.

My mommy made lists.

Lots of lists. All the time. She still does.

I used to dislike some of her lists: especially when found on the kitchen counter on a Saturday morning. Even though she signed them with all the love in the world (and the cute little flower that is her trademark), those lists still meant one thing: CHORES.

And the chores had to be done before the playing could commence. Hence the predicament.

Much to my chagrin, I discovered recently that I, too, am a list-maker. I make lists. Lots of lists. All the time.

And alas, that is what I am doing this Monday morning: making a list of all the to-dos for the week. Clean the house, work on Usborne Books (for which I am now a consultant!!), do laundry. These things really must be done before all the playing can commence. But these days I don't mind the lists so much because they keep me sane. They also help me accomplish things which otherwise would be left undone (and a sock-less husband and disgusting floors with a very mobile baby baby are typically not desirable things).

So today, I'd like to thank my mom for one of the many, many invaluable things she has taught me: list-making.

Unfortunately, blogging really isn't at the top of the list, so I must go for now. But stay tuned for another installment of Mommy Monday!

Love and blessings,
Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment